Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Beginning of my brewing obsession

My wife Sally and son James gave me a Mr.Beer brewing kit for Father's Day, they figured if I'm going to enjoy drinking beer I might enjoy making it, boy were they ever right.

I went online and ordered a few recipes from the Mr.Beer website, and found Mr.Beerfans.com , a site dedicated to homebrewing with Mr.Beer, there are a great bunch of guys on that site who are extremely helpful for a newbie like myself.

I don't brew to save money. I brew for the comraderie involved with being able to "talk shop" with other homebrewers and commercial brewers. I brew so that I can build new equipment, refine techniques, and turn out a quality product that people besides myself like to drink. Beer is one thing that I know something about.

No comments:

Post a Comment