Monday, April 1, 2013

To Be Named APA - (hey no one's perfect)

After brewing up the Cream Ale, I suddenly have the urge to brew up a Pale Ale, haven't had a good one in awhile so why not.

Poll choices for the next name, hoping on 1 or 3, not fond of 2, 4 I can live with.

Taper 'n Ale
Harrison Ale
Drunkin Runner
RT21 Ale

Think the most votes I had for a poll was 20. Once I get a name, I'll create a label, will be ordering the ingredients tomorrow morning.

6 lbs Gold malt syrup
1 lb Briess Golden Light DME
0.5 lbs Briess Caramel 60
0.75 oz Chinook (60 min)
1 oz German Perle (20 min)
2 oz Cascade (0 min)
Safale US-05 Ale Yeast
Style - American Pale Ale
Alc %  5.3
Calories per 12oz: 153

Looks like Drunkin Runner won the poll..

Very pleased with this..

Not too hoppy for a Pale Ale, just enough actually..Had planned to dry hop with Cascade but never got around to it...turns out it doesn't need it..Nice aroma, good mouthfeel and a decent head..

1 comment: