Monday, June 22, 2009

Brewery suffers a great loss..

Sad day at the brewery, suffered a great loss..we had to dump the Dutch Apple Ale batch, which I didn't even get a chance to blog about.

Not exactly sure what went wrong, wondering if the brown sugar didn't settle right since most of the bottles had alot of dark thick sediment floating around. I let it ferment 3 weeks per the directions on the recipe, but I''m wondering if that was part of the problem, maybe I should have left it in for another week. Thought I could salvage a few bottles, I popped one open over the sink to check on the carbonation and we had a gusher. Yep, our first beer gusher, and boy did this thing spray, even scared Zoey, who high tailed it upstairs lol..

We followed the same process that made 7 other great brews so I'm not worried about it, since we brewed a Pilothouse Pilsner this past Saturday night and going to try a Cherry Stout tonight, next up after that will be a Raspberry Lager.

Oh well, live, learn and most of all...drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment